Whose Song Do You Sing?
Although the Buddha’s teachings appear to come from the outside the Heart-Mind is their original source.
“Another asked; ‘Master from whom is the song you sing? Where does your style come from?” The master said: “When I was with Obaku, I questioned him three times and three times was beaten.” The monk hesitated. The master gave a Katsu, then hit him and said: “One cannot drive a nail into empty space.”
(The Zen Teaching of Rinzai - tr. Imgard Schloegl)
In this podcast:
• The language of religion and how different schools of Buddhism teach.
• The importance of the lineage (Master Sesso)
• The Heart-Buddha is the source of the teachings which only appear to come from outside.
• The story of Rinzai’s own awakening
• Avoiding the stink of Zen; Joshu’s ‘Mu & Uu’.
The virtue of generosity, charity or giving. Your donations are welcomed.Learn more