The Seed Shop
How to let causes and conditions (or Karma) work in your favor.
Here in a quiet and dusty room they lie,
Faded as crumbled stone or shifting sand,
Forlorn as ashes, shriveled, scentless, dry -
Meadows and gardens running through my hand.
In this brown husk a dale of hawthorn dreams,
A cedar in this narrow cell is thrust;
It will drink deeply of a century’s streams,
These lilies shall make summer on my dust.
Here in their safe and simple house of death,
Sealed in their shells a million roses leap,
Here I can blow a garden with my breath,
And in my hand a forest lies asleep.
In this podcast:
• Zen & poetry: How it appears in the training.
• The Buddha uses an agricultural analogy with farmers to explain how things arise.
• Creating causes and conditions (Make the things you want easy, the things you don’t want difficult).
• Right Intention, the making of a vow
• Creating conditions for practice: a timetable & ritual practice, a meditation space, regular exposure to the Dharma, good friends in the Dharma etc.
• How to perfume consciousness - How we read the writings of the Zen canon.
The virtue of generosity, charity or giving. Your donations are welcomed.Learn more